If your commercial or industrial property has a flat roof, you should consider single ply roofing for your roof replacement. Single ply roof membranes are a great option for any flat roof, and offer a far greater range of advantages when compared to other roofing options, like felt roofing. Here at Enviroply Roofing, we are leading roofing experts. Working from our base in the North West, across the area, and further afield, we deliver high quality roofing solutions for a range of properties. As a result, we have produced this guide to the advantage of single ply roofing. So, why should you choose single ply roofing?
Single ply roofing
Single ply roofing is a roofing option that involves installing a single ply roofing membrane. There are a number of different types of membranes available, each with different specifications and benefits. So it’s important to work with the professionals to choose an option that’s right for your property. However, all of the membranes are fully flexible and stable, and offer a 100% waterproof covering, as standard. The sheets are sealed at the joints to create a lasting, waterproof result. There are a variety of options available when it comes to installing the single ply membrane, and these include:
- creating a ballast roof- the single ply membrane is held on by ballast material which could be gravel and flagstones, or even a full green roof.
- mechanically fixing the roof in place- the single ply membrane is held in place with mechanical fasteners.
- fully adhered roof- the single ply membrane is held in place by the adhesive
Each of these installation methods have their own advantages and disadvantages, so seek professional advice about the options applicable to your premises.
Why should you choose single ply roofing?
So, Why should you choose single ply roofing, instead of built up felt roofing, or any other option? Well, there are a range of advantages to choosing single ply roofing. These include:
- Low maintenance- Single ply roofing is impact resistant, durable and strong. This means you wont need to worry about tears or punctures, holes or any problems occurring. In fact, single ply roofing needs only the minimal amount of maintenance, namely an annual check over, just to make sure.
- Creative design- Single ply roofing membranes can be cut to fit any unusual layout or roof shape. This means that any buildings with a creative design could be perfectly suited for a single ply roofing membrane.
- Thermal efficiency- because a single ply roofing membrane is applied over the top of the insulation layer, a single ply roof can keep your building warm, with increased thermal efficiency.
- UV resistant- many roof types suffer from the harmful effects of UV rays. But singly ply roof membranes are designed to be UV resistant. This mean that single ply roofs are well prepared for all weather types from snow and rain, to hot and dry.
For more information about single ply roofing, and advice for your property, get in touch with the experts today here at Enviroply Roofing.