Here at Enviroply Roofing, we are leading commercial and industrial roofing experts. From blue roofs, to green roofs, hot-melt roofing to single ply, we offer a wide range of professional, high quality roofing solutions for properties and companies across the North West. One of the most important services we provide is the roof survey. This is an essential part of what we do. But why should you think about getting a roof survey? And what are the advantages of a commercial roof survey?
What is a commercial roof survey?
A roof survey is also known as a roof report or a roof inspection. This is carried out by professionals to determine the condition of the existing roof, and identify any problems. These problems or issues could include:
- Ponding and standing water- this is a typical problem with flat roofs when insufficient drainage is used, or there is a lack of maintenance. Rainwater will collect in pools on the surface of a flat roof, and will not drain away, either because of poor roof design, or blocked gutters and downspouts.
- Water ingress or leaks- if water is getting into your building, you could end up with a costly and time consuming repair job. Fortunately, a commercial roof survey can help spot any small signs of water ingress early, before the damage can spread.
- General wear and tear- over time any roof will suffer some damage from the UV rays, the rain, the snow or even the wind. Birds too can cause problems for your roof.
- Rips or tears in the membrane- if your flat roof has not been created using the most resilient and durable of materials, it can become eroded in time and constant pressure can cause rips or tears to appear. This also occurs due to poor roof design, and incorrect application of adhesive or mechanical fixings.
- Points of failure- from rotten roof decks, to holes in the roof and exposed insulation, there are a number of potential points of failure for any roof. A roof survey will find these issues and help you address them.
What are the advantages of a commercial roof survey?
So a professional, commercial roof survey can help to uncover a variety of potential issues with your roof structure and design. This knowledge can bring a range of advantages, including:
- Timely solutions- a roof survey can help you find timely solutions to any issue, so that you can fix your roof before too much damage is caused.
- Decision making- if you are hoping to install a new roof, finding out about the condition of your existing roof deck should be a top priority, as this can influence the options and choices available to you.
- Purchasing- if you are thinking about purchasing a new commercial property, an independent roof survey ca be very beneficial. Any faults or issues found can then help to negotiate the price to accommodate the potential repairs.
- Insurance- a roof survey that identifies issues can be useful for claiming against the insurance for the repair work to be carried out. Which means that your property could get a whole new roof, without eating into the profits.
For more information or to book a professional roof survey, get in touch with the experts today, here at Enviroply Roofing.