Here at Enviroply Roofing, we are Lancashire’s leading flat roofing experts. And we work across Lancashire, and Cumbria, as well as Manchester and Liverpool, to provide high quality flat roofing solutions. From industrial properties, to commercial buildings, we can provide the right type of flat roof for your individual requirements. One of our most popular flat roofing options is single ply roofing. By using flexible and durable sheets of synthetic polymer, single ply roofing membranes are tough, strong, and 100% waterproof. But can these membranes be used over the top of your existing roof? Well, this is our guide to using single ply membranes for a flat roof overlay.
Case by case basis
Overlaying a flat roof with single ply membranes is possible. The health and condition of the existing roof, the roof deck, and the structural supports, are all crucial to determining whether a single ply overlay would be possible. For this reason, we will carry out a thorough, detailed roof survey. A roof survey can help us identify any issues with your existing roof, so that together, we can plan a way forward.
The benefits of a roof survey
A roof survey is one of the many services we offer. And there are a range of advantages to implementing a roof survey. Not just in the case of single ply roofing overlays, but for a range of other systems too. The benefits of a roof survey include:
- A roof health check- Think of a roof survey as a health MOT for your roof. We will inspect thoroughly, your entire existing roof space, to determine how healthy the existing structure is. This will help us find solutions and offer recommendations, should any issues arise. Ultimately, a roof survey can help determine the best cause of action for your roofing project.
- Safe, long lasting results- By conducting a full health check, you can be sure of a safe, long lasting finished product. With no surprises further down the line. This is because any potential problems will have been discovered, and corrected. As a result, these are less likely to cause an issue in the future, and you can avoid expensive repairs, both to the exterior and the interior of your property.
Using single ply membranes for a flat roof overlay
If your existing roof does meet the criteria (dry, generally sound, undamaged, compatible with the single ply membrane) we will be more than happy to use the single ply membrane to overlay your roof. This can provide a number of advantages, including:
- full waterproof coverage- so your roof will be safe and protected from potential water damage
- fully weatherproof roof- unlike felt roofs, single ply roofing membranes are fully weatherproof, and offer a complete and durable roofing solution
- quick to install- so your roof will be ready quickly, and you won’t lose more money by having to halt your working routine
For more information, or to find out if your existing roof is suitable for an upgrade, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Enviroply Roofing.