Taking care of a new roof is an important consideration, and regular maintenance can help with this. But what are the advantages of taking out a maintenance contract?
What is a maintenance contract?
A maintenance contract is a contract between a professional company and a client. This is a document that informs the client about the maintenance work that will be implemented and allows the client to choose the frequency of work undertaken and agree to the rates offered. This also includes advice and legal requirements regarding health and safety, variances, and third-party involvement. A maintenance contract is something we can offer here at Enviroply Roofing.
What do our maintenance services cover?
The maintenance services that we offer to clients with a maintenance contract include:
- Cleaning of rainwater outlets
- Removal of debris and plants especially from edges and corners
- Visual inspections of water tightness, especially around the flashings and seams
- Visual inspections of the mechanical strength of profiles, roof lights, trims, and ventilation
We also offer small repair works as part of our maintenance contract including:
- Rewelding or rebonding seam areas
- Repair of small leaks
- Care of surface protection
What are the advantages of taking out a maintenance contract?
There are a number of reasons why you should consider taking out a maintenance contract. These include:
- Saving time- All roofs need some kind of maintenance to keep working efficiently and to increase the longevity of the roofing materials. This is no different for single ply roofing systems. As such, it makes sense to trust the company who installed the roof to take care of it too. This means that you won’t need to spend valuable time searching for a suitable company with professional experience and expertise.
- Saving money- Regular roofing maintenance is crucial for protecting your roof in the long term. Without maintenance your roof may suffer from damage or issues that are unnoticed for lengthy periods of time. This leads directly to the development of more severe roofing problems that can be much more expensive to repair and cause more disruption.
- Protecting the roof- Any roof is exposed to a number of potential hazards including high UV levels and IR radiation, animal activity, plant activity, and chemical environmental loads. Over time, each of these factors can cause damage to the roofing system. Regular maintenance can keep your roof protected from these threats and reduce the chance of more severe issues developing.
- Meeting guarantee requirements- For membranes, regular and professional maintenance is a requirement for the guarantee. This maintenance includes cleaning rainwater outlets and inspecting the roof for evidence of physical damage. In fact, two annual inspections are recommended, one in the Spring, followed by another in the Autumn. It is also a guarantee requirement that the roof is inspected for damage after adverse weather conditions that may reasonably have been suspected to have caused building damage. In addition, it is advised that further inspections are carried out after work is carried out on the roof by other trades.
For more information about our maintenance contracts, get in touch with the experts today, here at Enviroply Roofing.