Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 a year
Hours, salary and terms are negotiable and will reflect the candidate’s experience.
We are a successful and growing flat roofing contractor based in Chorley, Lancashire working across the Northwest and Cumbria. We are looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will have experience in management within the construction industry; with the drive for career development and progression. We work in the flat roofing sector, mainly with Single Ply membranes so experience in this area would be an advantage, but not necessary.
Purpose of Role
Work closely with the Operations Team to manage projects from start through to completion ensuring that work is completed on time, within budget and to the quality standards expected by the Company. Be the escalation point for the Main Contractor, site managers, other contractors and member of the public for all matters for the duration of the contract. Be ultimately responsible for Health & Safety of the contract and the staff under your supervision. Dependent on successful applicants managerial experience; further Management training will be provided as required: progression to MCIOB.
- Company vehicle
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Great growth potential
- Attend site / pre-start meetings as required
- Approve contract documentation ensuring scope of works, attendances, specification, schedule, constraints etc are correctly documented
- Act as escalation point of contact for Main Contractor / client, Site Managers, sub-contractors, other contractors, and members of the public
- Organise and manage contract logistics, ensuring timely ordering & delivery of materials and other subcontract / specialist requirements
- Undertake regular site visits to ensure projects are progressing in line with schedule and budget
- Act as company representative attending site meetings; communicate relevant points back to team
- Keep all parties informed of progress / issues to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Handle any issues / points of concern, following up to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Provide guidance as required to Main Contractor / site team / sub-contractors on contract matters
- Check all works, monitor quality and workmanship of installations ensuring company standards are achieved
- Be ultimately responsible for Health & Safety procedures and standards of workers under your supervision and within your working area to ensure zero incident
- Check all reports / documentation to ensure company and contract specific requirements are met
- Manage the successful sign off and handover of project
- Achieve company / personal KPIs
- Other duties / office work as required to support the team e.g., site reports, preparation of RAMS, materials ordering
Skills / Qualifications required for role
- Contracts Management experience (Dependent on successful applicants managerial experience; further Management training will be provided as required: progression to MCIOB)
- Knowledge of various flat roofing systems and practical installation experience (preferred but not essential – If required, flat roofing training will be provided)
- High quality standards of workmanship
- CSCS card holder, First Aid (preferred but not essential as training will be given) & SMSTS certificate
- A well-developed knowledge of Health & Safety; able to understand, adhere to and implement project safety & compliance standards
- Able to prioritise and plan effectively
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with colleagues, clients, contractors etc
- Career driven, highly motivated and able to use own initiative, and motivate team to achieve standards / schedule
- Teamworking, able to place needs of the company over own
- Full UK Driving Licence
To apply, visit our advert on Indeed
Alternatively you can email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why this role would suit you.
Strictly no agencies