Here at Enviroply Roofing, we are approved by leading manufactures Sika Sarnafil, IKO Armourplan, and Alumasc. Choosing the right type of roofing for your residential, commercial, or industrial property can be a challenge.
From Hot Melt roofing to single ply roofing there are a number of effective flat roofing options. But have you considered Bituminous Felt roofing? For strong, resistant weatherproofing, Bituminous Felt roofing can be a very effective choice. But what is this? And what are the advantages of Bituminous Felt roofing?
What is Bituminous Felt roofing?
Made up from multi-layered felt fiber mats, with a bituminous external coat on each side, bituminous felt roofing is also called built up felt roofing. This is because the fibre layers are interlocked and connected in multiple layers, building up to create a tough, strong, and hard-wearing flat roofing option.
What are the considerations when choosing Bituminous Felt roofing?
Different types, brands, and styles of Bituminous Felt roofing are available, but there are some important features you should look out for, including:
- Installation options- some Bituminous Felt roofing can only be applied via a torch on method. However, this is not a suitable installation method for all properties and roofing projects, and so you may need to choose a brand or type of Bituminous Felt roofing that can be installed via self-adhesion.
- Lifespan and guarantee- when choosing a Bituminous Felt roofing installation, or a professional team to install this, it’s important to consider the lifespan and guarantee being offered with the installation. Some Bituminous Felt roofing options are more hardwearing and long lasting than others, and it is important that you choose the most practical option for your property.
What are the advantages of Bituminous Felt roofing?
Bituminous Felt roofing can bring a number of benefits and advantages when installed professionally. These include:
- Increased durability- the multi-layer design of Bituminous Felt roofing can offer a high level of durability, heat resistance and impact resistance. This is because each layer adds a different feature, which complements and works alongside the others.
- Resistance from heat and weather- the design of the multi-layer membrane allows for maximum heat resistance and weather resistance. This prevents damage from all types of weather and allows the membrane to be more long lasting.
- High life expectancy- Monotonous Felt roofing can offer a high life expectancy because of the quality of the design in the multi-layer system. This means that your roof will last longer and be more cost effective.
Choose Enviroply Roofing for your bituminous felt roofing
If you’re looking for a Bituminous Felt roof installation, we are the team you can count on here at Enviroply Roofing. With extensive experience and expertise, we provide a range of high-quality roofing solutions for all manner of roofing projects. For our Bituminous Felt roofing projects we use specialised Bituminous membranes. These can be installed with a torch on method or a self-adhesive method, to suit the project itself. For more information or advice, why not get in touch today?