Choosing the right type of roof for your commercial property is extremely important. Not only does your roof need to be fully waterproof, safe and secure, but it also needs to be durable and resilient too. Many single ply roofing membranes can offer this level of roofing quality. But the installation processes will differ between membrane types. Many installations involve a naked flame to ensure that the materials bond together, without seams. But others offer flame free installation. So what kind of benefits does the flame free installation method bring? And why would your choose cold laid, or fire free installation? Well, here at Enviroply Roofing, we are Preston’s leading roofing professionals. And we offer a variety of high quality roofing solutions to companies and commercial properties across the North West. This includes flame free installation. As a result, we have produced this guide to all you need to know about cold applied roofing installation.
What is flame free installation?
Flame free installation, or cold applied roofing installation is a technique or method of installing your roofing system, without using a naked flame. With so many different types of roofing options available, there are many different ways of creating a secure and robust roof without fire. And these include:
- cold applied built up roofing systems- This is a type of built up felt roofing that enables the layers of bituminous felt to bond, without the use of a flame.
- cold liquid applied waterproofing- This is a method of waterproofing your roof using flexible solvent-based acrylic. The polymers will bond, as the liquid cures, and your entire roof will be made 100% waterproof.
- cold laid single ply roofing- This is a method of installing a single ply membrane without using flames, while still securing a robust and durable end result.
Cold laid single ply roofing
Installing a single ply roofing membrane without using flames, is known as a cold laid installation. This can be a great option for a wide range of commercial roof styles. And this installation method can bring a range of advantages and benefits, including:
- Avoiding the installation risks associated with a naked flame- Using naked flames to install roofing is incredibly dangerous for those working on your roof. Installing the roof without these dangers can help to make the process much safer and easier.
- Strong and durable membrane- membranes designed to be installed without fire are incredibly strong and durable. In fact, some have a high tensile strength of 1100N/50mm, and are resistant to all tears and punctures.
- Flame resistant- single ply roofing membranes that are installed without fire are made with high performance halogen-free fire retardant. This can help keep your property safe and reduce the fire risks.
For a roof that will protect your property, meet your thermal efficiency requirements, and be safe and secure, get in touch with the experts today here at Enviroply Roofing. We are roofing professionals with a wealth of information and experience with a wide variety of roofing types. Including flame free installations.