We at Enviroply Roofing Ltd are a successful and growing flat roofing contractor based in Chorley, Lancashire working throughout the North West, including Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire and Cumbria.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Estimator/Quantity Surveyor at our office based in Chorley, with experience in the flat roofing industry.
Hours, salary and terms are negotiable and will reflect the candidate’s experience.
We predominantly install Single Ply in the commercial and industrial sectors, whilst also taking on larger domestic projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company and work closely with the MD to provide timely and accurate estimates to our growing database of clients.
This role would suit a well organised and motivated individual who has good communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
All software / systems training will be provided.
Key duties (a full job description is available on request)
- Handle enquiries from main contractors / customers via email and telephone
- Understand scope of work, do take-offs from drawings and produce bill of quantities
- Prepare and submit accurate and detailed tenders within the timeframe provided
- Follow up submitted tenders, gather feedback and update records
- Negotiate / secure projects
- Receive, review and return Contract Documents
- Attend the internal Pre-let meeting
- Prepare and submit Applications for Payment
- Prepare monthly Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR)
- Develop relationships with existing clients to generate enquiries / business
- Identify opportunities for new clients / relationships
- Maintain up to date costs in the estimating software
- negotiate prices with suppliers
- Materials requisition
Skills / Experience
- Flat Roofing in the Construction industry experience
- Estimating and Quantity Surveying experience
- IT literate, proficient in the use of MS Office
- Able to plan and prioritise own workload effectively
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Full UK Driving Licence and use of own vehicle (occasional site meetings / visits may be required)
To apply, visit our advert on Indeed
Alternatively you can email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why this role would suit you.